BOS Power has been awarded the contract for supply of an electric/hybrid propulsion system for a new aquaculture work vessel to the end client, Norwegian marine entrepreneurs AQS.
AQS focus on zero emission solutions
Sustainability as well as health and safety for staff onboard are key factors in the development of the vessel:
- Innovation and green solutions are major focus areas for us, as we aim to contribute substantially to reducing emissions. Today, we have four boats with hybrid solutions under construction and several plans for zero emission solutions in the future, says Kristian Hjertvik, Head of Market and Technology at AQS.
A promising development towards hybrid and electric propulsion systems
Eirik Nesse, Director Marine Propulsion at BOS Power Solutions is pleased with winning the contract:
- This contract is strategically important for us as the first electric/hybrid system delivery to the aquaculture segment and is the first of hopefully several projects to come with Skagen Ship Consulting.
- The aquaculture segment is large in Norway with about 40 new built vessels per year. The segment has a promising development towards hybrid and electric propulsion systems, and we believe this will be an important market for our hybrid/electric propulsion systems in the future. We are proud that AQS chose us as its supplier of the electric/hybrid propulsion system, states Eirik Nesse.
The vessel is planned to be delivered next summer from the yard.
The scope of supply
- Dual side DC power grid (switchboards), with drives for the propulsion motors, pumps and side thrusters, and generator sets.
- 2 x 374 kW electric machines for the propulsion thrusters. Dual battery system of total 1156 kWh from Lithium Systems.
- Shore power (400 VAC and 230 VAC) connection for charging
- uGrid converters and trafo for the hotel load switchboards.
- BOS Power MOVEe redundant power and energy control system (PEMS) including bridge displays and local displays in the machine room.
- Manoeuvre system (propulsion control)
For more information, contact:
About BOS Power